How do I open a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a VAIO laptop model PCG-GRZ610, It will not turn on. I need to open it up to check out the ac power plug. Any ideas on how to open it it up?

Hi, Please Dont attempt to open that laptop

Can you explain in more detail what the problem is and how it stopped working?

laptop

All of a sudden it turned off one day, I attempted to restart it on the battery but nothing happened so I plugged in the ac adaptor and still nothing. So I thought that the battery might be shorting out so I pulled out the battery and still nothing. Thats when I wanted to start checking it out enternaly and that's where I'm at now

Hi again,
If you are sure that the AC adaptor is working and that the battery is Good, and that the machine is totally dead, (no lights no sound of fans comming on)
then you should take it to a repair shop.

I assume that the warranty has run out? if it's still under warranty then you should return it to retailer or the manufacturers service centre.

You will not really be able to tell much from opening it unless you are an Engineer or Electronics expert. So your laptop needs to be diagnosed by a Professional.

you are Likely to cause more damage by opening it, even though its already not working,

sorry but thats the best advise i can give you.

There is a thin, flat thing on top. it should have some sort of switch at the bottom (more commonly known as monitor) open this and voila:p Sorry, just couldnt help myself.

Probably best not to open laptop.

Regards,

Korrupt

the most common cause of laptops not starting is that the battery has failed and won't hold a charge. Even plugged in AC, some safety circuits will not allow the charge of a dead battery. Sometimes the power adapters fail too.

Hi, i have a new laptop as well and i think it averages 3.5 hours of battery life. But i've been using it for awhile with the charger connected. And i usually leave it for awhile with the charger connected while in turned off. Is this killing the battery?

anonymeX said:
Hi, i have a new laptop as well and i think it averages 3.5 hours of battery life. But i've been using it for awhile with the charger connected. And i usually leave it for awhile with the charger connected while in turned off. Is this killing the battery?

Yes, batterys lose charge over time anyway, keeping your laptop constantly conntected to a charger will cause it to discharge, you will notice that slowly over time your battery life will descrease, it is similar to phone batterys, you should never over charge them, when they say that battery is full unplug the AC power and use it until you get the low battery alert, then plug in your AC and charge it up. This will reduce damage to the battery.

Once a battery has lost charge it cannot be recovered, the only option to increase life span is to buy a new battery, however, they can be very expensive.

I have a similar problem with my Sony VIAO laptop. The question I have is that is it possible to disconnect the hard drive, put it in another notebook and access the data on it so I can send it to an external hard drive? I can easily detach it from the notebook, but I'm just worried that it's not as simple as I'm hoping it is. Thank you in advance for any help.

#Curtis said:
Yes, batterys lose charge over time anyway, keeping your laptop constantly conntected to a charger will cause it to discharge, you will notice that slowly over time your battery life will descrease, it is similar to phone batterys, you should never over charge them, when they say that battery is full unplug the AC power and use it until you get the low battery alert, then plug in your AC and charge it up. This will reduce damage to the battery.

Chargers of the modern day have a setting intergraded that detects when the battery is fully charged (when it's giving out x.xxxxv dc) So there really is nothing "harmfull" to the battery. Now a charger from 10 years ago will give your laptop battery power until hell freezes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back