TechSpot

How do I output sound through my ASUS Motherboard?

By Pointless
Dec 23, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I've been having a rather irritating problem with my NVIDIA graphics card. Ever since I installed the card, it has been outputting sound through the card instead of through my onboard audio. Since I do not want to purchase an HDMI to DVI cable to play sound through my monitor, I was wondering how to redirect the audio to play through my motherboard so I can hear sound again. I have tried resetting BIOS settings, reinstalling all drivers for sound card, motherboard, and gpu, and I have poked around 100's of forums, and tried everything. I'm even considering buying a different brand of card because this stupid thing has created so many problems.

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,554   +2,894

Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar. Select playback devices and see if you have an option other than HDMI. I have 4 HDMI ports in addition to Speakers and "Speakers" is the default device on my machine.

3. Pointless

Pointless TS Rookie Topic Starter

Besides 4 HDMI ports I have headphones and speakers, both of which are "disconnected" (They're connected, triple checked)