How do I play World Of Warcraft Through a Proxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I just moved to a boarding school which has Barricuda Web Filter blocking me from playing world of warcraft. Now, i am an avid player, and i really enjoy zoning out for a few hours. I heard that there is a way to play WoW through a proxy, so i immediatly went to work trying to figure out how to get this to happen. I have tried Proxifier, SocksCap, Http-tunnel, and none of them have worked for me. One problem is i don't know exactly how to get a SOCKS proxy server, are there any free ones that work out there? I have encountered web sites with thousands of them, but none of them work. Does it matter where you connect from? So, through my searching, i found this forum. I know that there are a few posts about this issue, but all of them are either outdated or do not work, or i havent found one. I run Windows XP, and if there is a way to play world of warcraft through Barricuda, please give me step by step instructions.

Hey caustic, i go to a boarding school as well, and i got the same problem..........i have been looking for a solution for over a year now........have u found a way of play wow via our school internet?

How have you gone about setting up the proxy? You do understand you can't just use one of the web based PHP proxy scripts right?

Muffin, I just want you to know that this topic is pretty 2-3 months old, and I hope you find your answer, but sadly he only has one post and will most likely never come back.

You want to play wow at work or school

I personaly use gotrusted *you can download off download.com* it has been checked for viruses it is 5 dollars a month but well worth it it does it all you open it on your desktop and all internet trafic is secure *p2p or world of warcraft* i work out in the oil field and we have alot of stuff blocked and these guys have been a god sent. it only 5 bucks a month well worth the hassle of a free server free servers are hard to find good ones hard to configure *bad latency for wow* if you have good techniacal knowledge they are easy to find but if your a casual gamer.

october 17th 2008 today with in the month they should have a 64 bit vista version up and running. also ping fu iris is a good proxy only 5 Dollars a year i think does not run in vista 64 bit *unless you can turn off driver signing * using vista boot pro most of the time 3rd part programs such as that on hp computers will prevent this.

i am going to stop rambling lol if you still have any problems email me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back