TechSpot

How do I post a thread for help

1. posted something but did not get a reply

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

You only posted your problem about 45 minutes ago and you placed it in the wrong forum. This forum is for introductions ONLY, not for posting problems. Keep in mind that no members on these forums have paid positions and are all volunteers. They answer questions out of the goodness of their unselfish hearts. Someone may come along in one minute or maybe one day or longer. That's just the nature of forums. If you need answers immediately, I recommend that you go to a paid technician who will be accountable for your time.

I moved your post to the appropriate forum where you may have to wait your turn.

3. keeshagillespie

keeshagillespie TS Rookie Topic Starter

sorry

i didnt mean anything by that. i just have never posted anything in here and my friend was trying to help me. i didnt know if i did it right or not, you didnt have to be so sarcastic, i am not a selfish person i just have no idea what i am doing and my computer is messed up and my friend told me to try this and it kept saying introduce yourself so thanks for the sarcastic advice

4. ravisunny2

ravisunny2 TS Ambassador Posts: 1,980   +11

Hi keeshagillespie :wave:

Welcome to [​IMG] :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
    And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay :)

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 6,979   +362

I didn't intend for my remarks to be sarcastic and I'm sorry if that's what you read into them. It was meant as a statement of facts, no more, no less. Sometimes people misunderstand the nature of forums and become impatient with the pace of the answers they sometimes get. Maybe that's not you but it can happen.

Let me draw your attention to this "Guide to Making a Good Post.". Look at the very last paragraph. Seem familiar? While not an exact quote, you see where I took much of my post? No sarcasm intended there either.