How do I remove the bios password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry to laugh at your plight, but both the title and your comment leads
to no insight whatsoever. I can fix it too -- it's called reinstall :blackeye:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I agree with jobeard, you`ve not told us anything about your problem and your thread title sucks. ;)

Please give as many details as you can.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

The computer is passworded and it, like most school computers, wont allow me to keep anything on it. I need to know a way to erase everything off or it in order to reinstall without a password. There might be something on the motherboard to "change" to do this but i'm not computer savvy enough to find it.

Ok, we`re getting there, but we need to know what the computer is and when are you being asked for a password.

Regards Howard :)

The computer is an Intergraph TD 225 with a Pentium II that I recieved from a school. When I turn the computer on it says to hit delete to run a setup. When I do it asks for a password.

Disconnect the computer from the mains and open the case. Look on the mobo(motherboard) and you should see a cmos battery Take out the cmos battery and operate the power switch a couple of times. Wait about five minutes and replace the cmos battery. Reconnect the computer to the mains and fire it up. That should have cleared the bios password.

If that fails, why not ask the School for the password.

Some monitors you may need to reset. i have had to do this with two identical KDS monitors. Try unpluging the power from it and unpluging it from the pc. Also if you have a second video card in the pc try to plug it into that one. Just keep playing with it, it will kick back on. The removal of the cmos battery clears the BIOS memory and thus reseting everything in the BIOS. Which is why you no longer have a password for it. I suppose it is possible it may have changed a setting in there back to default. But just keep trying things with the monitor to get it on heck you could even try a different monitor if you have one.

Check that the monitor is properly connected to the correct connector. If it is, then all I can think, is when you went inside the case to take out and replace the cmos battery, you may have inadvertently dislodged something. If that`s the case, open the case and make sure everything is firmly seated and connected.

ok explain to me what the cmos battery is... I did something but it didn't really work... and by the power switch... what do you mean. I wan to make sure I'm doing the right thing

I gave you a blue link you could click on in my post #7 in order to show you what some types of cmos batteries looks like.

Normally they are a round shiny coin cell battery, a bit like a watch battery, only bigger.

So what did you actually pull out?

Any chance of a pic?

Complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor.
the small battery that llives in the mobo. it provides power to mobo so as to maintain memory ie, time and date etc

Is your monitor now working?

How long did you leave the battery out for? Maybe you didn`t leave it out long enough.

When you remove the battery its said to leave it out for 30-60 seconds to be sure memory is clear. Try that and see what happens.

If you do leave it out for 30-60 seconds and still no luck then try my recomendations I had mentioned about what to do with the monitor to get it working again and see if anything happens.

Make sure the computer is disconnected from the mains and keep pressing the power switch on the computer a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back