How do I stop Norton from scanning outgoing e-mails?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a secure e-mail server, so I need to disable Norton from scanning outgoing e-mails. I am using NIS 2005. I read all the directions, and know that I'm supposed to go to options and select "Norton Antivirus" from the dropdown menu, and proceed from there. However, such a choice does not appear. In the options menu, I only get Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiSpam. Neither of those options will allow me to disable the scanning of outgoing mail and relieve the problem. When the admin logs onto my computer, the Norton Antivirus option appears in the option menu, and he can change the settings, but his changes do not carryover to my logon. Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

you must be logged on with admin priviledges;
lauch NIS (Personal Firewall)
top menu bar has options
click NAV <<< this is the option you're missing??
and under Internet is the email cfg
which will lead to scan in/out email

The secure email server is where this ought to be performed, not on your
client machine.

Actually, apparently the problem was with the outlook express settings. We had to change the port to 465 for outgoing mail (I had thought this was done already, but something must have incorrectly saved.)

Thanks

Saltlover said:
Actually, apparently the problem was with the outlook express settings. We had to change the port to 465 for outgoing mail (I had thought this was done already, but something must have incorrectly saved.)
Thanks
the port number should have no effect on the application of email scanning.
I think you're saying the connection to your email server effected the visability of the options. As long as it works for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back