How do I stop TechSpot from sending me any emails?

oldikes

I'm getting way too many emails I day from techspot for "responses to watched threads" and etc. I thought I had disabled this in settings but apparently I'm incompetent; how can I disable this?

You can go to your username at the top right of the page, hover on it with your cursor to get the drop down menu and click on "watched topics." Go to the left and click on "Show all watched threads." From there you can select threads and disable email notifications or stop watching threads altogether.

Through account settings you wind up in the same place so I'm not sure if there will be any difference but see if going this route helps.

You can go to your username at the top right of the page, hover on it with your cursor to get the drop down menu and click on "watched topics." Go to the left and click on "Show all watched threads." From there you can select threads and disable email notifications or stop watching threads altogether.

Through account settings you wind up in the same place so I'm not sure if there will be any difference but see if going this route helps.
But every time we comment on a topic we'll have to redo this? Site is broken, or my site-side user setting would cover this. Thanks for the work around at least :)

The appropriate staff will have to fix this (which is not me, btw). I don't subscribe to email notifications for threads and I haven't been receiving them so this hasn't been a problem for me. Every time I comment in a thread "watch topic" is automatically enabled and I do manually disable some or all of them from time to time.

Back