How do I stop Windows Media Player detecting my mp3 player

By maclarke
Feb 8, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi, just as my title says...how do i stop windows media player 10 from detecting my sony mp3 when i connect it to my computer via usb?

thanx
  2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,383   +205

Is the windows media player the default player for mp3 files? If so, deselect it.
  3. maclarke

maclarke Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 19

thanx for the reply but that didnt work at all. I should have been more descriptive.

When i attach any usb device, such as my sony mp3 player or my HP Ipaq PDA (even a digital camera) whilst windows meda player is open, the window changes from "Now Playing" to "Library" with a sync column on the right hand side.

This suggests that any storage device makes it do this.

I just find it annoying. anyway to stop?
  4. huttler

huttler Newcomer, in training

I would like to know the answer to this question too... I have a samsund yp-u3 and I occassionally have to plug it in to a usb port to charge it. Stupid windows media player will stop playing my video and go to the "library" and ask me other stupid questions like "do you want to sync your files" blah blah blah... please help
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.