How do I turn off cursor-prompted preview?

Row1

Hi - how do I turn off this feature where I get a preview or info on a file whenever my cursor is over it, in file manager? I don't see any choice in the mouse settings. This annoys me more than it helps me. Thanks.

Hi Row1,

The Preview Pane and Details Pane allows you to view the contents and details of files without opening the files. You can select to turn this option on or off as per your choice. Try the steps below in order to disable the preview option.

In Windows 7:-

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer.
In the Windows Explorer Window> Organise>Layout>Uncheck Preview Pane.

In case you are using Windows 8, open File Explorer by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering File Explorer in the Search Box, tapping or clicking Apps, and then tapping or clicking File Explorer.

If you don’t see the preview pane, tap or click the View tab, and then tap or click Preview pane. Click/tap on Preview pane in the ribbon to disable it. The Preview Pane option would be grayed out if disabled.

You can also press Alt + P to turn the Preview pane on and off in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

Back