How Do I Update My BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike066604

hey guys, if someone can please help me update my BIOS because i dont know how to do it. i installed everest, and it says that my system BIOS and Video BIOS are both over 2 years old, and it may be the reason why my video card has been acting flaky as of late.

this is what i have. i went to the website for the motherboard but im not sure what BIOS to download, or how to update my Video BIOS.

motherboard - Asus K8N-E Deluxe 64-bit 1 socket 754
motherboard chipset - nForce3-250gb

if someone can walk me through how to do it i would really appreciate it. thanks.

what i need to know is once i download the write file, how do i updated the BIOS because the file just goes into this search mode looking for something for it to open with. what do i do?

oops,I was posting about motherboards bios.
Video is another thing but nothing to do with a motherboard bios update,
just a video driver update.

when it asks you whether you want to pick a program from a list or from the web, pick from the list....MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK the box that says "always use this program" and click on the "browse" button. It will bring up a windows explorer window that will allow you to look for a folder containing the correct program. I would advise to look for a folder that contains "ASUS" or the name of your mobo. and look for a program for opening the ".007" files

this is about all the help I can give due to my not having an ASUS mobo and never dealing with opening that extension before

okay so i went to the program ASUS update and put the file in and was not able to update the system file bios. but it still says that my video bios is still outdated. how do i update that now?

so the video bios is just the updated video driver? i have a ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128 mb. so how should i go about updating this driver? im guessing from the website.

so i went to the ATI website and downloaded the display driver from my video card, and also downloaded a AMD athlon 64 processor update. it still says that my video BIOS under the motherboard tab is still outdated? what exactly do i have to download to update the video bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back