How do I update my K8V SE Deluxe BIOS to latest version???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligar

I want to update my BIOS to the latest version but its soo complicated.

The Asus Update tool is the most disfunctional piece of crap i've ever come across and i've been to the Asus site and downloaded the updates ut dont know how to work them.

I havent got a clue how to do it.

Anyway, i've also had trouble determining my currrent BIOS version.

In my BIOS, it says...

Version: 08.00.09
Build Date: 08/03/04
ID: A0058002

It also says at the bottom...

V02.54 (C) Copyright 1985 - 2003, American Megatrends, Inc.

And in dxdiag window, it says...

BIOS: Rev2.00

Now for f*ck sake, what the bloody hell is that all about???

Anyway, could someone link me to the files I need to update my BIOS to the latest version and how?

Thanks in advance :slurp:

K8V SE Deluxe
Windows XP Pro

not an answer but after this you'll feel better

I followed the complicated steps.
:p
I'm pretty sure I had the right .rom file, And I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly.

Too bad that the system doesn't start at all...Oh the fans turn on. but screen stays blank.

Now I'm wondering is there anything more I can do...or should I just toss that mobo to trash...

Do-It-Yourself. Yay! :unch:

I'll try and walk you through this.

1> Have you downloaded the latest bios from your mobo manufacturer's website? The latest NON BETA revision is 1007.

Aggressio said:
I followed the complicated steps.
:p
I'm pretty sure I had the right .rom file, And I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly.

Too bad that the system doesn't start at all...Oh the fans turn on. but screen stays blank.

Now I'm wondering is there anything more I can do...or should I just toss that mobo to trash...

Do-It-Yourself. Yay! :unch:

You could try contacting your mobo manufacturers website. They might be willing to help you.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back