TechSpot

How do I upgrade my processor

By eliterookie
Oct 24, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ive heard about issues about a bios and junk, and i dont want to mess up my Cpu, i have an intel x86 464Mhz proscessor, and my bios is from 2000, can i upgrade to a better proceesor
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Hi and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

We need to know first about your mobo (motherboard ;)). What make and model is it?

Regards :wave:
  3. j_capistrano

j_capistrano Newcomer, in training

Upgrading my processor

Hello, my name is John

I too would like to know how to upgrade my processor. I have an HP desktop, HP Pavilion a1020n with an Intel Pentium 4 Processor. I just recently added 2 GB of ram to it so now I have a total of 2.5 GB of ram. I also bought a 500 GB external hard drive. But overall, my cpu usage is still running at 100% when I run a few programs. I'm considering buying an Intel dual core 2 processor (the fastest one on the market) to upgrade my cpu, but I am not sure if this could be possible.

So my question is, how would I know what mobo I have and all the other information necessary for a processor upgrade?

Thanks.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.