How do I use headphone and speaker simultaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwin1978

My soundcard has front/rear/headphone channels. I would like to play music through the speakers and still be able to listen to my headphone; is this possible? Basically, I want to be like my own private DJ. I would like to use the headphone to listen to another music while another music is playing through the speakers.

Try connecting your speakers to the 'line out' jack (if they are powered speakers) on the soundcard.

What connections are available on the soundcard?
What connection are you connecting your headphones and speakers to?

You will definently not be able to direct different sound to different outputs on your soundcard: front, rear, headphones and line out will play the same sound. If you want to have different outputs, you need to buy another soundcard.

Nodsu ...
You will definitely not be able to direct different sound to different outputs on your soundcard: front, rear, headphones and line out will play the same sound.

Very good point Nodsu.

What you might be able to do is listen to a music CD using the headphone jack on the cdrom drive, whilst normal PC sounds play through the speakers. You will of course need to mute the cdrom sound on the sound mixer (on task bar). I haven't personally tried this, but its work a go. Too bad if you have mp3's though.

You would need another sound card, and would need to set the specific applications to use the cards in respect to whether you are using the headphones or speakers with that particular app.

I used an audio splitter to split my Line_out connector....

Now i have my frontspeakers and Headphones on Line_out

Works pretty well :p

Originally posted by NOTNorMaL
I used an audio splitter to split my Line_out connector....

Now i have my frontspeakers and Headphones on Line_out

Works pretty well :p

That isn't what he is wanting to do. He wants to use two different sound sources at the same time, eg. Winamp and WMP. He would listen to one through speakers and the other through headphones. This requires more than one sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back