How do I use speakers and headphones at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to use my headphones for things such as firstperson shooters and my speakers for music. I'm using a Realtek AC97 Audio soundcard. It has Pink(microphone), Green(speaker), and Blue(I assume its for secondary audio output) colored ports in the back with nothing in the front. I've played around with the soundcard settings and the volume control in windows(just to make sure everything is unmuted and turned up all the way), but the blue port doesn't make any sound. Can anyone help me find out how to make this possible without buying a splitter for the working one?

Onboard sound is both a blessing and a curse at the same time. Im assuming you are talking about the onboard chip on your board and not a pci card.
Mic - Audio in- and a line out. Its been a while - I think thas close.
I remember I had a ac97 compliant integrated chip a while back.
I didnt have much of a prob with it besides the cpu cycles it ate.
I think you will need some form of pci card (turtle beach or soundblaster) or a soundsystem that offers a port for your headphones with a seperate volume control otherwise your headphones will be blaring the same decibel as your main speakers and be blown apart in a few hours if you do not have an inline volume control on your headset. most models of logitech or klipsich speakers offer headset ports in the main volume control module - however there are much much cheaper options out there then those.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back