How do u format a laptop and install win. 98? ps.. im new is this where it goes?>

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi.. i need 2 no how u would formatt a laptop with a floppy disk drive. after i format it i want to install win 98. i currently have win. 95. its nto cappable of win. xp tho... which sux cuz thats what i have on my desktop...

peace out

anderhal

Travel over to bootdisk and download a Win98 bootdisk...Un-zip the file to create a boot floppy and use it to boot the laptop. At the A: prompt type format C: /u and it will finish the task and return to the A; prompt. Then boot with the Win98 CD and setup should run.

p.s. You might want to get copies of all your drivers before you format, just in case...

patio. :cool:

You should be able to put in the 98 disc and format your HDD from within that. If that doesn't work, then you can do as patio said and go to www.bootdisk.com.

Then make sure your BIOS is set to boot from floppy first, cd second, and HDD third. You can check this by pressing F1, F2, Del after you hear the computer POST (Beep) when turning it on.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back