How do you change the XvImage settings in Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Jay

I'm trying to work through several problems with my ATI Mobility M1 chipset under Linux (my distro is Kubuntu) to get it working properly so that I no longer have to boot into Windows whenever I want to watch films and play games.

xvinfo reports: maximum XvImage size: 720 x 2048

It should be either 2048 x 2048 or 1024 x 1024, but where do I go to change the settings? I've searched on google, various linux forums and nothing comes up.

If anyone knows, please shed some light on this for me as I'll be very grateful - thanks.

Jay

Hum.. Why should it be 1024x1024?

Anyway, xvinfo reports the information gathered from the X server. All the capabilities are down to your video card and the X driver. See the manual of the driver you are using. You may have to tweak Xv or video memory settings.

Hi Nodsu, thanks for replying...

Hum.. Why should it be 1024x1024?

I'm still relatively a newcomer to Linux and 1024x1024 was among the information I came across during my research - should it be 2048 x 2048?

See the manual of the driver you are using

Alright, I'll do a google for it.

You may have to tweak Xv or video memory settings.

Ok, how do I achieve this please? I suspect it involves calling up a file in the Kate editor and then altering the details but I'm unsure as to which file I need to look up.

Video memory size may be adjustable in system BIOS.

All other settings will be settable in the X configuration file. Where this file lives and how it is named, depends heavily on your specific Linux distro. (No, I'm not a *ubuntu user, so I have no idea)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back