How do you increase FPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to play the game Line Rider, and I'm pretty good, but I don't have the patience for my computer. The most FPS it goes on the games is 13. Is it possible to increase the FPS? I have a Windows 98.

should be in the options menu in the game, under video setting, put your settings as low as they can go, see what happens. I can't tell you much further than that because I dont play that game

Isn't Line Rider a flash game ? To get more FPS you would probably have to run it in a smaller window (unless the flash part itself cannot be resized).

I don't know that particular game, but some flash games have video quality settings, so you could drop it to low rather than high if it is an option.

You could also right click on your desktop, go to properties, then to the settings tab, and change it to 16 bit color rather than 32. I think that option is somewhere around in there, its been so long since I used 98 though I forget. That *may* help speed things up, but I'm not going to guarentee anything. Unfortunately with flash, if it runs slow, there really isn't much you can do to speed it up that I know of.

Upgrade your computer. If you're still running Windows 98... your computer is not going to perform well playing ANY game, except REALLY old ones.

No game will run well under 98 unless it is old. Also to increase FPS you need to increase the following things in this order:

1. Graphics card
2. RAM
3. CPU

Line Rider is simply a flash game & there's no way to make it smoother other then getting a faster CPU. Ram & a new VGA card won't have that much effect on it as Flash is entirely software.

software still requires hardware.. I stole'd the below quote from somewhere's give em props...

Speed—Three-dimensional engines written in Flash can typically handle only simple shapes, and they retain a frame rate close to the frame rate of your SWF. Complex scenes are often very CPU-intensive, and the frame rate can suffer as a result.

Might be that old computer after all...

Flash wouldn't be affected, right?

I think the dude is SOL.

Perhaps download the game and play it from within the flash player itself instead of the flash plugin for whatever browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back