how do you install xp from boot up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkisspartan

ok...i get this message when my computer tries to load:

Code:
Verifying DMI Pod Data.....
Disk boot Failure, insert system disk and press enter

What is wrong?i know my hard drive doesnt have xp installed because i just put it in.my hard drive is empty!how do i actually install xp from boot up?i put the xp disk in and press enter but the same message still comes up and xp wont go to the installtion screen. and i did try putting cd-rom to boot first but it still doesnt work. The computer detects my hard drive so thats not the problem. i just want to install xp on my hard drive but the damn computer wont let me!

so my question is...how do i installed xp from boot up?

Only stuff I could find says to clear your CMOS (either via jumpers or pull the battery for, say, 20 minutes).

The, boot into bios (press whatever key is necessary) and adjust it as needed (RTFM) and insert the install disk and reboot.

:)

CCT said:
Only stuff I could find says to clear your CMOS (either via jumpers or pull the battery for, say, 20 minutes).

The, boot into bios (press whatever key is necessary) and adjust it as needed (RTFM) and insert the install disk and reboot.

hey thanks but sorry i didnt understand.Pull the battery out of what?and when u mean booting into the bios do u mean when u press the DEL key when your computer turns on and it takes u to the blue screen with all those options?And adjust what?whats rtfm?please a better explanation would be really helpful :)

If you don't understand any of that, you should check locally for a computer club or school or Red Cross/Crescent that has computer classes/help and learn.

What you are asking is very hard to explain unless you have some knowledge.

Maybe someone here will prove me wrong.

So be it!

linkisspartan,
you have to have either a floppy drive or a bootable CD drive to start this correction. An XP install disc is needed too. You can boot from the XP CD and folow the on screen prompts. If you don't have a bootable CD but only a floppy drive, you will need a Windows 98SE boot floppy

Tmagic650 said:
linkisspartan,
you have to have either a floppy drive or a bootable CD drive to start this correction. An XP install disc is needed too. You can boot from the XP CD and folow the on screen prompts. If you don't have a bootable CD but only a floppy drive, you will need a Windows 98SE boot floppy
i have a cd drive but not a problem. thats the problem, the xp installion cd wont work...is there anyway of me like reseting the computer brand new so i can install xp no problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back