How do you know Video card is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamadabee128

hey guys im new here,

I am currently in taiwan so i can't get this fixed somewhere reliable...i have a dell inspiron 6400/E1505 and just recently my computer went BSOD and after a while the lcd would not even bother turning on anymore at all...all the lights light up green up top and only the #9 lock stays lit, the HD light blinks a couple times and then stops, so it is probably not my lcd(just recently replaced...Im guessing it is my video card, what are some signs of a dead video card? and has anyone came across this problem before?

thanks a lot guys

There are no video cards in laptops - they are embedded in the motherboard.

It might as well be dead CPU, dead RAM, dead mobo, dead hard drive..

Sounds like a hardware problem. Can you get into the BIOS? Call Dell Hardware Support. They will probably run a 90/90 test, assuming you can get into the BIOS. A 90/90 test can determine 90% of hardware failures 90% of the time. I used to work for Dell (but it was a canadian call centre.)

i cannot even see my lcd, so i do not know if i can run the BIOS, i tried hooking up an external monitor but that didn't work either...

haha, yeah everything worked...i checked everything and i even opened it up last night...there was a slight burn mark where the video card is located under the keyboard (metal part)...i dont know if that has to do with anything

are you sure thats a video card? If theres a burn mark something might have overheated or shorted out. Your mobo might be fried, and trust me i broke a laptop once. It's way more expensive trying to get it repaired then just buying a new one.

i just bought this laptop a year and month ago, getting a new one is out of the question, plus i just replacd the mobo, and everything with the mobo seems to be fine (according to the taiwan tech guy) all the lights light up, everything is good i dont know...DAMMIT

unplug everything and plug it back in again, maybe something disconnected somehow. other then that did you check the cpu?

Could be a bent prong or melted socket on the CPU, although bent prongs usually only happen during installation; the only time I've come across melted sockets is in the case of a guy who had overclocked, who opened an app that took a huge portion of cycles. I'm thinking your LCD-to-mobo might have come loose. Check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back