How do you rate Techspot?

What do you think of Techspot?

• Total voters
T

tifc8lraz

I was just wondering what you think of Techspot, fellow members and staff :D ! Now let's see who's loyal!

Techspot is an excellent site. It has really helped me a lot. It's full of great people. Really good site :) :) :)

I have learned most of my facts about technology from this site, that's why I said hail it ;).

wolfram said:
Three members posted at the same time: 8:29 PM lol

That's really weird...

I did, sorry Julio and the like, please dont permaban me! :p

That goes for you too Howard.

At least we have one member who isn't completely addicted to Techspot ;) .

I voted great too. (hides in a bombproof shelter) Only because of those damn ads that pop up when u put the mouse over certain words. If it weren't for them I woulda put Hail it!

MetalX said:
I voted great too. (hides in a bombproof shelter) Only because of those damn ads that pop up when u put the mouse over certain words. If it weren't for them I woulda put Hail it!

The only thing is that without them, Techspot would have gone bankrupt a while ago. They help keep this website up and running.

techspot is good as, half my problems would still be hiding away in the back of my comp if it wasnt for this site

Well then who voted "useful"? CONFESS SINNERS WHILE YE CAN STILL BE SAVED!

I voted "Hail it" because Techspot is one of the better forum "communities." I mean, try going over the the Toms Hardware forums and you'll see what I mean.

Boogityboo04 said:
Well then who voted "useful"? CONFESS SINNERS WHILE YE CAN STILL BE SAVED!

I voted "Hail it" because Techspot is one of the better forum "communities." I mean, try going over the the Toms Hardware forums and you'll see what I mean.

I was on google and I saw this article where someone was asking whether they should get nVidia or ATI and the moderator said "nVidia" and no reasoning, and also no information. Tecshpot is the most "in depth" forums I've seen (although, I am not a member of any other forums).

TechSpot, I hereby sentence you to continue being such a frickin' awesome site. :grinthumb

(yes, I voted "Hail it!")

i wouldn't spend time here if it wasn't worth it! TS is definitely one of the best computer sites out there.

Things that suck (general observations):
Thread titles aren't discriptive of the problem.
Average posts per thread before problem is solved is too high.
Unable to get answers for more technical/complex problems.
Poor thread titles get plenty of responses, encouraging this poor behavior rather than discouraging it. This also makes it much harder to find what you are looking for while using the search feature.

TS is Okay, BUT...
Answers given here used to be a lot more concise.
Too many people with not enough knowledge now try to answer the questions.

If you don't know what you are talking about, you should not answer a post.

RBS, I don't wish to cause an argument but I was always led to believe that TechSpot is by the people and for the people.

People such as myself give time freely in order to help others, and I believe that is what TechSpot is all about.

I would like to remind you of what it says just below the TechSpot banner " News and views for the technology enthusiasts".

rik said:
RBS, I don't wish to cause an argument but I was always led to believe that TechSpot is by the people and for the people.

People such as myself give time freely in order to help others, and I believe that is what TechSpot is all about.

I would like to remind you of what it says just below the TechSpot banner " News and views for the technology enthusiasts".

Yeah but you got to admit, RBS has a valid point. I have been around here since 2005, have less than 300 posts. Not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to fixing computers either. And I have seen MANY people answer posts that I knew were clueless about the problem a person is having. You also have to admit that there are certain people here that you KNOW what they say is correct. Ex: RBS, SNGX, Howard, Didou, Nodsu, Arris.....and several others, sorry who I forgot. But these afore mentioned folks have helped me several times. Not from the questions I asked in particular. But rather the questions that other people have asked and the replies they got from the ones I mention above.

Back