Solved How does one get your files to show again after trojan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=Arial]My files on my external hard drive does not show, though properties show they are still there. I have tried unhide and I have made sure my hidden files show in windows panel. But can not see them. Does the same on my memory stick. Files on on board hard drive all show. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I have also repaired my xp and e-installed avg but nothing happens. I have also done the following from ms support.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]"[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Follow these steps:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]a) Click start, run type regedit and press enter.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]b) Expand the following key:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]c) Change the "Checked value" to 1. Click OK.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following link.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] "[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Did not help.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]I have also done a disk check error. The report wasthat the drive works, but still cant's see or access the files. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Any help PLEASE[/FONT]

I'm going to leave you with a short program and a "disclaimer:"

There are some rogue programs that can cause icons, programs, files, etc. to appear to be 'missing'. IF that is what has happened, try this:

1. Download Unhide.exe and save to the desktop.
  • Double-click on Unhide.exe icon to run the program.
  • This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives.

The Disclaimer:
Note: This does not remove the malware- only the attribute that hides icons and programs. It is important that you continue.
============================================
If you would like us to check the system for malware, please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back