TechSpot

How does this look?

By oly
Sep 1, 2005
  1. It was 2 days ago i was surfing the net, with 5-6 browser open, i guess i hit a bad site and all of a sudden all open browsers just disappeared (closed down) and the pc crashed, could not even shut off my pc had to do that manually, but it was late so i just kept the pc off and turned it on the next day, when i did that windows would not open, so i had to go into safe mode and that opened windows, so i did a systems restore, and pc seems to be working again! But i have a bad feeling i have something rotten in it now, i did a norten virus scan and a online panda scan, they both did not seem to find anything wrong, maybe you can see if u see something rotten in denmark in my hijackthislog.

2. oly

oly TS Rookie Topic Starter

maybe i uploaded in wrong format

maybe i uploaded my txt wrong , first post is a txt zip

Attached Files:

3. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Cosmetics basically, Denmark is safe for the moment.

Boot in Safe Mode,
    UNinstall anything to do with the O23 down below
    Then run HJT and fix:
    ALL your O16 - DPF: entries
    O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing)
    Delete that WinPcap directory with everything in it.

4. oly

hey

Hey thx for your quick reply :)

I am sorry i do not know what to uninstall! I do not no what program that would have this O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing)
    Please help me out with what i can maybe delete.

If i understand you corectly you want me to delete all O16 - DPF: entries
    i have in my txt corect? with hijackthis program?

5. RealBlackStuff

Click Start/Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. If there, UNinstall anything to do with:
    \Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe

Run a HJT scan and (if still there) place a tick-mark in the little square before:
    ALL your O16 - DPF: entries
    O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - Unknown owner - %ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe" -d -f "%ProgramFiles%\WinPcap\rpcapd.ini (file missing)

Now click on the Fix Checked button in HJT. Exit HJT.

Delete that WinPcap directory with everything in it.

6. oly

hey

Thank you for your detailed help :) ok i did as instrucked, so how does new log look?

7. RealBlackStuff

It's OK by normal standards.
    I don't like Flashget and Symantec/Norton personally.
    You should STOP using Internet Explorer and support your fellow-Scandinavians by switching to Opera, or get Firefox.

8. oly

Thank you for your help , seems like pc is alittle nicer :) I have used opera, but it crashed alittle to much for my likeings, i use norton because i got it free, i use online virus scans as well eh. What program would u use instead of flashget? The people i have talked to said it is nice, i had downloader acelrator before it was nice when u got the spyware out of it.

9. RealBlackStuff

10. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

Oly
    You can only update it for a year.
    Try something nice:
    AVG Free Edition

11. oly

I have another question, i was wondering how do i find on my pc, the upstart programs, i mean when the pc starts up(boots up) there are programs that automatically start with windows, i would maybe like to shut a few of these program off on upstart if it is posible, so wondering how to click my way to finding that, and i am wondering what programs should start on upstart that is nesacary? anyone have a clue on this?

12. RealBlackStuff

click Start/Run and type msconfig and click OK

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.