How far do you think I could OC this computer?

childofthetao

'm gonna buy and build this system:

Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram 16GB
i7 4770K
MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming
H110
Seasonic 750W PSU

How far do you think I could OC this computer?

Honestly its going to depend on the cooler you purchase for the i7 4770k, the chip gets a little warm running above 4.3 ghz which limits your top achievable clocks. If you get a cooler such as the H100i (Liquid Cooling), you can easily achieve a max overclock in the range of 4.5ghz - 4.8 ghz depending on the luck of the draw on the chip.

Edit: My mistake, I just noticed you said and H110 cooler, then you will be more than ready for 4.6-4.8ghz.

Make sure that CPU cooler fits your case. It's dimensions are a bit different in comparison to the others in the lineup. I own it and I had to make a small mod to fit it to my HAF 932.

According to this page at Corsair the H110 will not fit in the 550D. Unfortunately, it looks like there are only a few cases that "natively" support the cooler. But, I think most enthusiasts are able to make it work (small mods) with a lot of different cases.

Oh wow, it won't support the h110? :( Oh well, do you guys know which would be better, the h100i or the h90?

Also, if I want my copmuter to last years (and years) what is the max OC you recommend?

Back