How fast do you guys type?

Originally posted by DigitAlex
How'd you get 87 wpm when multiplying 11 with an integer?

Don't ask me :)

Typingtest.com said I finished 87 words in a one minute test, which would be 87 words per minute.

Could be because I read what I was about to type about 15 times before I actually typed it :D

As far as the tactuskeyboard.com test goes, what I understood is that you had to multiply the number of lines typed during the minute by 11.

The first time I got to type 7.1 lines aprox: 7.1 x 11 = 78.1
the second was close to 7.8 = 85.8 and the last time I tried... damn, I really pushed it really hard and got some sort of headache afterwards... anyway the maximum typing rate I got was of 8.7 lines = 95.7 wpm.

I would recommend you just to try this out if you are really bored (like I was ;)) heh, not a productive way of wasting your time though the test seemed pretty fair for some kind of bet or something :grinthumb.

The first one I finished completely before the little time pie-chart was even 1/3rd of the way finished. LoL. That test is kind of useless.. Not a very good test. But the second was good!

Test name: Stategic Alliances with Competitors
Gross speed: 77WPM
Net speed: 73WPM
Accuracy 94%

Rest name 1999 Wanted Alive! Tigers in the Wild
Gross Speed: 71WPM
Net Speed: 63WPM
Accuracy 88%

The Irrational Side of Managerial Decision-making
Gross Speed: 72WPM
Net Speed: 68WPM
Accuracy 80%

Fishing in Finland
Gross Speed: 77WPM
Net Speed: 71WPM
Accuracy: 92%

The Adventures of Hucklberry Finn
Gross Speed: 95WPM
Net Speed: 88WPM
Accuracy: 92%

I type very fast with simple worlds. In Mavis Beacon I get around 130WPM with basic, 4 letter or less words. With more complicated words, you'll noticed my typing ability drops dramatically. I remember taking a test on Mavis Beacon's typing tutor that brought me down to 40WPM. It just depends if I'm used to typing the words being listed or not.

Test name: Stategic Alliances with Competitors
Gross speed: 74WPM
Errors: 4
Net speed: 71WPM
Accuracy 94%

Test name: Fishing in Finland
Gross speed: 67WPM
Errors: 7
Net speed: 60WPM
Accuracy: 89%

Test name: The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Gross speed: 70WPM
Errors: 7
Net speed: 63WPM
Accuracy 90%

Test Name: Fishing In Finland
Gross Speed: 47 WPM
Errors: 7 Words
Net Speed: 40 WPM
Accuracy 85%

I blame my MS Natural Keyboard. Never got used to the thing....

"Natural keyboards" are supposed to be easier to type on than old fashioned ones.

While I think they are more comfortable, I can't really say they are faster. I've been typing on a natural keyboard for 3 years now and when I pick up a regular keyboard, it seems like I can type faster. I tend to make more mistakes though.

I have gotten very used to mine though and I prefer the natural layout as opposed to the classic keyboard layout.

Some other people use an entirely different keyboard setup all together. I think it is called the DVORAK standard, rather than traditional QWERTY.. Just imagine using a DVORAK all your life and sitting down to a QWERTY board to type something up. :)

Originally posted by Rick
Just imagine using a DVORAK all your life and sitting down to a QWERTY board to type something up. :)

...or typing with QWERTY your entire life and sitting down at a DVORAK keyboard to type something up.

QWERTY was originally designed for typewriters, which is pathetic, because all the most frequently used keys are spaced out as much as possible to prevent jams...:haha:

BTW, does anyone here use DVORAK?

58.3 words per minute

I've got around 58-59 words per minute

5.3 (roughly) x 11 = 58.3 words per minute (Estimated)

Well I gave myself a "C" for typing accuracy.

69, trust me to hit on a number like that

Used the first one but couldnt be bothered to turn cogs in my rusty brain to work out the speed.

69WPM, 100% Accuracy on Typing Master

Naz%27s%20results.jpg

My screenshot of results doesnt seem to be showing, if you cant see it go here:
http://www27.brinkster.com/nazmeister/

Touch type tutor ( tttutor.exe )
Legal typing test with stupid words that I have never set eyes on before gave me around 60 wpm.

Back