How good are you at this test?

XtR-X

http://scifi.pages.at/hackits/ has a series of tests or levels to see how good your logic or knowledge with the web is.

No, it's nothing bad, I know it has the word hackits in it but it's nothing bad.

What it is is a site that tests how much you can figure out or "hack" on the site. You try to figure out the passwords that are in the source code. There are a series of levels, and this site made this area for that reason, to try to "hack" your way to the top.

Give it a try, it's very addicting!

All I can say is you can start but looking at the source and studying it. The first 3 have the passwords unencrypted for the most part... 4 has encryption in ASCII, and 5 I'm workin' on.

So have you guys looked into this sorta thing at all? Give it a try... it's addicting.

ok so it took me like an hour to get to number 9... im there and when i solve it i get a 404. Anyone else have this problem?

Hey Xtr, Think of other ways to get around the password. IE try to find the end page without putting in the password. Has nothing to do with source code.

Yeah, that's easy. But I mean... what's the point of "hacking" the password out if you just want to go to the next page?

That's why I'm working for the passwords.

OK Xtr... youve got a point. So i went back... and figured out the answer to #8. I now know the prompt password. It is more satisfying that way. Good call.

yeah.... got through 10... when i dled the source file for some reason it was the wrong source... dont know why... eventually got the right one though... now im stuck on 13.... if anyone else is there or past it please lemme know.

Any tips for a guy who has never used JavaScript. I am on number 3. :) Maybe I can make it further. ;)

Just figured out 3, on to 4.

I am really stuck here, which is annoying. I'm stuck on number 7, and fast running out of ideas.

Having not done this sort of thing much before, It's quite a learning curve!

I'm using mozilla 1.6, and I "saved target as" .txt, thus giving me source.

Problem is, the only part of the source related to the password that I have is

"<!--
var passwort, i;

//-->"

Which doesn't say a lot other than that there are two variables called "passwort", and "i"

could somebody give me a push in the right direction?

AH! Thankyou so much :D

I missed that all important line referencing ****.**

Now I can carry on again.

I say again, thanks!

I did this a long time ago; isn't there 13 levels? I got to 11 and then it had matrices and junk which I can do but it would take a little effort and I was bored of it :D

I didn't think they were very hard, but that's just me :D

there are definitely more than 13 levels. 1-13 are rather easy... but it now has 16 levels. Why not go back and see if you are still up to par? :p

ok Im on level11 and could defently do it, because its just previous levels into 1 level [it asks for 5 passwords]...but i dont want to spend this long doing it. Some of the levels are getting really dumb with riddles and such. Your ment to actually "hack" [retreive the password...].....

TIP FOR #10:
Check your browsers cache

Back