how good is your anti-virus program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got AVG and it seems to work fine for me. But then I don't go to risky sites or open emails that have suspicious attachments.

Oh god I love avast. I just got rid of AVG because on my dual 2GHz 1GB of RAM machine the resident shield service ate up a ton of resources, and avast has such a smaller footprint that it's not even funny. It works better and it's faster too.

Avast for the win. :D

Avast got the best write-up in PCPro mag recently, with the best paid for being kaspersky, followed by F-Secure. I use F-Secure and get mad at it for having such a crappy user interface but at least it catches and reports things. One of the problems with AVG is, allegedly, that it fails to trap viruses (virii?) so does not report them, therefore giving a false sense of security.

NOD32's protection and small footprint is unmatched by far IMO. Having used BitDefender, Kaspersky, Norton, McAfee, PC-Cillin, AVG, Avira and Avast!, I've found NOD32 to be far more superior to any of them at catching malware and viruses while not hogging resources. Updates are about 300-700 kilobytes each so even dial-up users can get them fast.

I use Zone alarm internet security suite, and personally i really like it.

In my opinion it has the best firewall out, reports anythin trying to access the internet. It has kasperskys anti-virus engine. and alot more.

Does anyone know of a good firewall, that it better than zone alarm. I just want to try a few.

Regards Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back