How long do CMOS batteries last?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice link. it earns a bookmark.

the computer is basically on a lot. sometimes 24/7 or longer. It does a lot encoding overnight. and during the day (when someone is on it, its used to do homeowork on or surfing the web)

The real battery killer is leaving the computer unplugged for months on end.Most people don`t do that though.

I've got nearly 20 years old lithium batteries still at the voltage marked on them.(Used to save data like on PCs)

It always depends of the mobo also. I have one that drains batteries in about a week when left unplugged. I don't know the average time for the PC battery but I know that the battery wasn't dead on my 1996 jetway j-656(?) motherboard a few months ago.

Oh, and I've got a 1982 tuner with a CR2032(Same as most computers) that still works.

thnx for the info dragonmaster. I have an Asus board P4SD-LA its the ones the HP/Compaq put in their OEM PC's (back in 2000 or so i think)

Uh, why do you want to know that?
They are mostly not failed until your computer can't remember the time and tell that the CMOS was cleared when booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back