How many e-mail accounts do you have?

By takaboku
Mar 4, 2007
Post New Reply
  1. How many e-mail accounts do you have, and how many passwords do you have...?
    e-mail:3
    pw: 11
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

8 e-mail accounts.
    Passwords.. some 30-50.
  3. takaboku

takaboku Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 138

WOW! 30-50 passwords... Are they all in your head!!!! Just for a few, I have most of then written down and hidden away...
  4. ambivolent

ambivolent Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

email:5
    passwords:20-25....^im with you takaboku i have mine written down and hidden:) its always good to have a written back up of passwords in a safe place
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,419   +281

email 4?
    passwords, well if I told you you'd be able to know 1 more piece of information for your evil plan to hack into my life :p
  6. ambivolent

ambivolent Newcomer, in training Posts: 80

lol i change my passwords often i dont like keeping a password for too long...
  7. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

In my head, of course :)

It's because of my work mostly.. A lot of different things requiring passwords. If I didn't reuse some of them, the number would easily be somewhere around 100.
  8. peepnklown

peepnklown Newcomer, in training Posts: 136

I plead the 5th!
  9. nickslick74

nickslick74 Newcomer, in training Posts: 883

4 email
    12-15 passwords all in my head. But I bow down before Nodsu, I could never remember that may without resorting to writing them down.
  10. takaboku

Well don't take any hard knocks to da head:rolleyes: And ambivolent you right about changing your passwords from time to time, but I have the same old ones from years ago. :blush:
  11. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Got 19 emails and 3 passwords. One is totally defunct, one is barely used, and the last is: A) stupidly complex (30+ totally random letters and numbers that I remembered) and B) used for everything. Basically if you ever guessed that password, you'd control all my internet accounts.

12. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 357

4 emails, too many pw's
  13. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

1 for work
    1 for surfing
    1 for shopping
    1 for backup
  14. kitty500cat

kitty500cat Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,407   +6

5 emails.
    Three for work, two for personal use.

An undisclosed # of passwords.
  15. takaboku

This one must be your password for TechSpot.com:haha:
  16. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Too many emails!
    7-10 in active use, and some semi active as well...

# of passwords, well... that's not really any of your business...
  17. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

2 email accounts, and more than 6 passwords :)
  18. KingCody

KingCody TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,568   +7

~15 Emails - 3 used regularly, the others were basically used 1 time only (for newspaper/craigslist.com ads and "questionable" internet signups requiring email validation (reputable sites such as TechSpot have my real Email) ;))

PW's - I'm not authorized to disclose that information.. hehe.

however, I will tell you that they are all random alphanumeric (no words, names, patterns, consecutive numbers, etc... and all memorized of course ;)). they'll never guess/figure them out with any brute force technique ;)

19. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,681   +153

3 Email accounts.... 3 passwords
  20. takaboku

lots alcohol, one long legged hooker and you'll sing out those passwords like an old song:D
  21. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,572   +9

5 emails, enough passwords :D

I basically have 3 passwords, and my passwords are mix and matches of these half-random words/numbers, which form random looking alphanumeric passwords.

My techspot password of course, is not a big issue, and therefore protected by one of the 3 basic passwords :D

just for the heck of it, I'll hint you one of my numeric passwords: it is X^16, where X is a random number, and I memorize a chunk from there. That way, I'd just need to remember a number, and where in the sequence. It can also be inverted, or taken in a particular order (every second one?). Good numbers to use is Pi and e (helps that I've got both of them to 1000 digits sitting next to me, for some reason totally unbeknown to me).

Now, if anyone manages to get into my bank account, pls don't tell other people how much I owe the bank :haha:
  22. PuterGeekGirl

PuterGeekGirl Newcomer, in training Posts: 68

8 addresses I think....(most likely forgot one or 2)...about 3 of them I rarely use.
  23. daniel161

daniel161 Newcomer, in training Posts: 94

I have about 8 in active use e-mails and a bunch of old un-active but still usable emails.

Passwords? Also I dont feel like I should say.

--Daniel L
  24. rockybalboa

rockybalboa Newcomer, in training Posts: 36

emails:

1 for college
    1 for friends
    1 for ebay
    another for a 2nd ebay account

think I have a few google accounts as well, but never use them!
  25. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

eMail accounts:

1. Important Contacts
    2. My Forum/Junk Mail
    3. Steam
    4. Studio (never used)
    5. For some website (I forget :D)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.