How Many HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have 2 -80Gig sata HDDs in an array on my Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard with 3 Gigs of Ram. My computer runs great.

I only have 8 Gigs left. I have a 20 Gig Fiuitsu hard drive and I have a 40 Gig maxtor hard drive, can I install one or both of these to give me more spce without messing up my system. I know I cannot put them in an array and they are IDE Drives? Thank you.

Hey onely

Adding those 2 drives in shouldn't cause any problems. Make sure they are set to slave and to avoid any complications format them before putting them in. If you have some extra cash, you could always purchase an external USB casing and put the HD into one. That way, you'd not only have the extra space, but it would be portable as well. Hope this helps...

Spyder_1386 :)

Thank you for your reply. I am going to give it a shot.

Well I tried to install my extra hard drives but it messes up my mirror array as soon as I plug them in. I get a screen that say one of the drives in the mirror array is critical, either damanged or unpluged. When I take off the other drives it goes away. Any thoughts. I tried to add them as a stripe array, maybe that is wrong.Asus A8V Deluxe Motherboard

I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back