How many running together with out causing any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mypenry

As a ' Newbie ' Can some one please advise me. ....
you can get the following types security of applications....
1. Anti-Virus
2. Anti-Malware
3. On demand scanners Etc

and many more types, of security applications .The Thing I don't know is how many of each application can you have running on your computer at the same time,
as to not cause any conflicts , or running problems ...? This is what I have on my computer at the moment...
AVG (free)
Spybot S&D (free)
ewido 4 ( paid )
Ad-Aware (free)
SpyWearBlaster
SpyWearGuard
The AVG , does not seem to find any thing,( in my opinion ) so I was thinking of changing to Avast, but I read that having AVG & Avast running together will cause
a problem..? . So can some one please explaine just what security applications I can have installed and running together with out causing any problems, Just looking on this Forum every one seem's to have their own idea of the perfect security set up, This is my first new computer so I am trying to find a good overall security set up. Can you have too many security programs running on one computer, when I keep seeing that no one application will find 'all' the issues out there..? I was thinking of having as many different applications running; as if one does not find an issue then the next one may..?

I am running Windows XP Pro Media Edition, but again being new to the world of computers, switching to another Browser Is some thing I am not too sure about, or confident to do yet..?
Your advice and comments to this 'Newbie ' would be most welcome............ Thanks
Mypenry

Run only one antivirus programme. This is because, if you run more than one, apart from slowing your system down, it can cause conflicts.

AVG won`t find anything, if there`s nothing to be found.

I`ve heard some very good things about Avast. If you decide to try it, you will need to uninstall AVG first.

The rest of your antispyware applications are fine and shouldn`t cause a problem.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back