How much of a differance is these processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

right now i have the duo core 2 duo 2.13 ghz processor and im thinking of up gradeing to the 2.6 how much faster is this?

Instead of upgrading, try overclocking your 2.13 to 2.6. 2.13 Core 2's can easily pass 3GHz.

i think it was a valid question rage...

The thing with the 2.13 (e6400?) is that it has a 2mb cache, whereas anything higher has 4mb. If you are wealthy then go for it :)

The cache doesn't help in every situation. Remember the more cache you have, the more latency too. BTW, this is my 1500'th post :D !

Jeeze cfitzarl, you need to put the mouse down and step away! J/K

I agree, why spend all that extra cash for a small to modest performance increase. If you didn't already have the e6400 then I would say go for the e6600. But it's your money.

It was a valid question Bluemoose. The reason for Rage_3K_Moiz's response was because RUDEBWOY made a stupid response by saying "why do that when i can over clock the 2.6 and make it better =x" to a perfectly valid answer from MetalX.

If RUDEBWOY (and thats a name that lends itself towards disrespect from the start) was very serious about his question he wouldn't have responded that way to a serious answer.

1 of: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66 GHz Desktop Processor (LGA775)
Sold by: Amazon.com

thats the one im getting i have the 2.13 ghz socket 775 right now.

The 2.6 could go further than the 2.13 in overclocking.

I'm catching up cfitzarl, I just realized I'm a TS Booster :)

Why don't you just attempt an overclock? If you have the money to replace the processor you really don't have anything to worry about, and you may save a lot of money by doing so.

yea i don't want to take the chance of over clocking was never really a big fan of it any way its being delivered tommrow cant wait to pop it in another ?? do i have to format windows or update anything when swapping the new processors?

Make sure the thermal paste is fresh. The new processor should come with a heatsink that has fresh paste, just don't use the old heatsink.

i also want to get a new fan dont want to use the one that comes in the box can any one suggest one and if it can be from amazon.com it will be great i have a gift cert to there

kitty500cat said:
The 2.6 could go further than the 2.13 in overclocking.

I'm catching up cfitzarl, I just realized I'm a TS Booster :)

Lol, congratulations. We both still have a ways away from Howard :knock:

just installed it and it works great =) any programs i can use to do a bench mark test or w.e its called i want to post my results ill also try to over clock it but i might have to get some one to do it since i have never done it and dont want to take the risk of messing anything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back