How Much To Ship A Desktop To Kenya?

kimboy

Hi, Could someone please tell me how much it costs to ship a desktop PC to Kenya? I would like to ship a one to a friend of mine in there but don't know the charges (shipping and all). I've googled it but haven't found anything useful. Thanks.

Well, for anyone to answer this it would help to know where you live. Go into your local PO and ask them, they would be able to help you.

Yep, your local official mail service would be the first stop to get a rough estimate (and advice about any import/export restrictions, taxes etc).

In theory, you could "ship" the thing free - you would just have to find a trustworthy person travelling to Kenya :p

Some eBay scams come from Kenya, if this is a financial transaction, make sure the cheque clears first !

There is information on the websites of UPS, FedEx, DHL, aned USPS.
If this is a used computer, be sure to document on the paperwork that goes into the little envelope Kenya requires. Otherwise, you will pay import duties that can be high.
The USPS route is better for single items in many countries, as they bypass the Customs route, but in some countries, it is much more risky.
As a business who ships to Kenya, I can tell you this can be a difficult task. Better to send them money to buy one there.
Do a Gurgle search for "Shipping to Kenya" where you will find an amazing amount of information. Also examin the USPS site thoroughly.
One thing for certain, use only a mainstream shipper, or it can take six months to find out where it went.

Back