TechSpot

How often do you run your virus checks?

?

How often do run virus scans on your computer?

1. Once or more per day

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Every few days

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Every week

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Every month

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  5. I don't bother scanning at all

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
By CrossFire851
May 24, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twice everyday for me with just good ole' sbybot and ad-aware.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Once a week for me, where I run a full scan with AVG/Ewido/SS&D/Ad-Aware(never find anything though).

I run Ccleaner several times a day, only takes a second or so. It keeps my system running smoothly and gets rid of useless temp files etc.

Why do you run SS&D and Ad-Aware twice a day? I would`ve thought it was a little unecessary to run them so frequently.

Regards Howard :)

P.s Check your pm`s.
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 9,431

Why bother?

My AV has real-time virus and spyware scanning on (has never found anything (is that good or bad? :p )). I do not use IE and I do not download/run/install crap programs. Removed all IE icons too to make sure other users don't get any ideas.

SS&D gets run maybe once a month when I'm really bored (only finds cookies).
  4. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 541

I only ran it once when i first installed it. since then, it just runs in the background. i rarely do Spybot or Adware scans, only when i remember to, and feel bothered. but i keep the definitions uptodate.
  5. Spike

Spike TS Rookie Posts: 2,371

Personally, I have AVG set to scan each day at 8am, and if I'm awake and using the computer at that time it gets switched off. I check the test logs once in a blue moon because I'm confident that I woun't get anything, and my confidence is justified by my track record. If I did get something I'd know - either my the misbehaviour of Windows, or from my firewall...

...and as Nodsu said, I have real time scanning anyway, and can scan downloaded files etc from the context menu if I need to.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.