How often do you run your virus checks?

How often do run virus scans on your computer?

1. Once or more per day

0 vote(s)
  2. Every few days

1 vote(s)
  3. Every week

1 vote(s)
  4. Every month

7 vote(s)
  5. I don't bother scanning at all

3 vote(s)
By CrossFire851
May 24, 2006
  1. Twice everyday for me with just good ole' sbybot and ad-aware.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Once a week for me, where I run a full scan with AVG/Ewido/SS&D/Ad-Aware(never find anything though).

I run Ccleaner several times a day, only takes a second or so. It keeps my system running smoothly and gets rid of useless temp files etc.

Why do you run SS&D and Ad-Aware twice a day? I would`ve thought it was a little unecessary to run them so frequently.

Regards Howard :)

P.s Check your pm`s.
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Why bother?

My AV has real-time virus and spyware scanning on (has never found anything (is that good or bad? :p )). I do not use IE and I do not download/run/install crap programs. Removed all IE icons too to make sure other users don't get any ideas.

SS&D gets run maybe once a month when I'm really bored (only finds cookies).
  4. altheman

altheman TS Rookie Posts: 425

I only ran it once when i first installed it. since then, it just runs in the background. i rarely do Spybot or Adware scans, only when i remember to, and feel bothered. but i keep the definitions uptodate.
  5. Spike

Spike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,168

Personally, I have AVG set to scan each day at 8am, and if I'm awake and using the computer at that time it gets switched off. I check the test logs once in a blue moon because I'm confident that I woun't get anything, and my confidence is justified by my track record. If I did get something I'd know - either my the misbehaviour of Windows, or from my firewall...

...and as Nodsu said, I have real time scanning anyway, and can scan downloaded files etc from the context menu if I need to.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.