How to become a computer hardware expert/technician?

abbasi

Hello guys,

I'm a computer software engineer and have some good skills on that area of computer world. But my knowledge about the hardware of the computer is poor. I guess best thing for start to be familiar with hardware is to knowing the CPUs and Graphic cards and like those. I'd like to entrust it to you to suggest me a good reference (such as a free ebook) for being familiar with computer hardware

If you want to become accustomed to the terms and such, I recommend you visit our forum often and check out some of our responses to hardware questions :). Here are some good books: One, Two, three.

Thank you JC713. I think first link is better. A good idea isn't it to first read that book and then search the websites (like here and wikipedia) for being up-to-date?

I'm currently learning the stuff for the A+ and I have the Meyers A+ Book and it has TONS of hardware information and not only explains what things are, but why they are, and how they work. It's a little lengthy though at 1500ish pages, but can be downloaded to an iPad or something for like 34 dollars.

Thank you JC713. I think first link is better. A good idea isn't it to first read that book and then search the websites (like here and wikipedia) for being up-to-date?
Yeah you should familiarize yourself with the terms and basics before venturing into the hardware world.

Back