How to burn a 750 mb data to a 800 mb cdr with Nero 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, make sure your burner supports overburning and CD sizes up to 800MB.

Enable overburning in Nero setup and set the limit to 99 minutes.

Burn away.

"no luck" meaning? You didn't win the lottery? :p

What does Nero say when you try to burn it? Are you sure your CD writer supports overburning?

Would you mind giving us a step-by-step of what you did, just to be sure?
And supply is with the name and model of your cd-writer?

ok, first i wanna say what kind of burner i have. I have a lite-on LTR 12101-B

I start nero 6 and i choose for start multisession. Then i drag and drop a concert (*.avi) of 750 mb and i put a 90 min. (800mb) in my cd-r rive. I choose burn and then i receive the error message:
ther is not enough space to burn this compilation onto this disc, please insert another disc.

And so i can not burn :(

That an old burner and it probably does not support 800mb media. Standard sizes are 650mb and 700mb, which it should burn fine.

I did some quick reading and found that perhaps a firmware update is available for your cdrw to make it compatible with 800mb media though. www.liteon.com

sorry i forgot to tell that in my previous post. I did that too :)
Maybe you are right, it is the burner. I am planning to buy a dvd burne anyway so thanks guys !

Ok.

Have you gone into File -> Preferences -> Expert Features and turned on OverWrite there?
You might get a warning message, but just ignore that for now. Enter in the new length of the cd (90 min) and ok your way out of there.

Start a new multi session (or singel session) add the concert. When you now choose burn, it shouldn't be a problem. (You might get an error message, but as long as you have a 90 min cd in the drive you can ignore it)

Now the only problem is if your drive doesn't support overwrite, in which case you should try a firmware update. If that fails, you're out of luck and will need a new drive to burn large files to cd's.

Hope this helps :)

umm just a question, could trying to overburn get your CD drive stuck/disconnected? cuz i tried it and well now my CD drive is disconnected i think, its not being detected by windows.

It should do that, but the IDE connector might have become loose for another reason.

Open up the case, and make sure all the cables are securely connected to both the drive and the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back