How to check psu watt?please help..

By lexmark
Dec 7, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi all..i want buy some gfx card soon ,so i must know watt of my psu ..but i dont know..how to check it?im using ICT psu ..My psu doest have any text about 'watt'..only have 1 timetable voltage and in have writer p4-450w ..is this 450w mean my psu is 450watt?
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

Take the side off and look at the label, its as easy as that. The 12volt amperage is also very important too.
  3. lexmark

lexmark Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 18

yes .. It have writed 12a ..so,what is my psu watt?is 450watt?
  4. Rik

As i said, have a good look at the label, its wattage will be on there somewhere. If the 12volts rail is only 12 amps then its not a very powerful one.
  5. Daveskater

Daveskater Banned Posts: 2,031

The sticker will look something like this
    [​IMG]

What we need to know is what it says under +12V (there may be more than one of these, as shown in the picture) and under Peak Load or Maximum Output, either way it will be a number somewhere between 200 and 1000 with a W on the end ;)

If you have any trouble, you can upload a picture of your sticker so that we can see it.
  6. lexmark

undey +12v , it has writed 15A ..is thi powerful psu?so,how much my psu watt?
  7. Rik

It will have 3 numbers with a w after them. Look at Daveskaters picture. It says 580w. So that means it 580 watts. Your psu label will have something like it on it.
  8. lexmark

yes my psu have writed 450w ..but like this 'p4-450w' ..its mean my psu is 450watt right?
  9. fastco

fastco Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,511

Yes correct, certified for Pentium 4, 450 watts.
  10. lexmark

ok.thanks all..
  11. Rik

Got there at last!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.