How to check psu watt?please help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexmark

hi all..i want buy some gfx card soon ,so i must know watt of my psu ..but i dont know..how to check it?im using ICT psu ..My psu doest have any text about 'watt'..only have 1 timetable voltage and in have writer p4-450w ..is this 450w mean my psu is 450watt?

Take the side off and look at the label, its as easy as that. The 12volt amperage is also very important too.

As i said, have a good look at the label, its wattage will be on there somewhere. If the 12volts rail is only 12 amps then its not a very powerful one.

The sticker will look something like this
SpecsSticker.jpg

What we need to know is what it says under +12V (there may be more than one of these, as shown in the picture) and under Peak Load or Maximum Output, either way it will be a number somewhere between 200 and 1000 with a W on the end ;)

If you have any trouble, you can upload a picture of your sticker so that we can see it.

It will have 3 numbers with a w after them. Look at Daveskaters picture. It says 580w. So that means it 580 watts. Your psu label will have something like it on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back