TechSpot

How to copy protect DVD's

By pioneerx01
Apr 30, 2007
  1. Does anyone know of a software that can be used to protect the DVD's that I burn from being copied?

Thanks

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

By anybody? You can use devices that burn a tiny laser hole... this enables them to be read, but not copied. But you then cannot copy them either.
    I would burn them to a Blue Layer or other format through a service... it wont prevent it but will make it too difficult for the average thief

3. gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook TS Rookie Posts: 528

Some copies of Nero Burning Rom have a way to put copy protection on your disk. I believe it is securerom

4. pioneerx01

pioneerx01 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 349

well of course not by anybody. If someone relay wants to there is nothing they cant copy. I just want to make it more difficult for people to tell their burning softwares to copy a disk or to copy it to HDD. I will look at the nero since I have V7.

Thanks to all
    Further inputs are welcomed...

5. pioneerx01

pioneerx01 TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 349

gavinseabrook,

I have looked at my nero burning rom, but I cant find securerom anywhere. Any pointers? What versions, do you know?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.