How to create Trust relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitkumars

Hi,

I am Amit. I am working with Software Company. Today I installed 3 Windows 2003 Server in my network. There are 25 users in this network (all are connected in same network ID). In these three servers on the two servers domain installed Named Server1.com and Server2.com. Third Server is Server3 and it is member of Server1.

Server1 and Server2 are two different domain (With different forest) with AD installed on both of them. Now I have created 10 users on the Server1 and 15 on server2 but server1 and server2 users are not able to access each other computers and resources. I want that both of the server and users can access all the PCs and servers without any restrictions.

It means I want to create trust relationship between Server1.com and Server2.com so please let me know steps to perform this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Amit

Get a decent networking book, or a Windows 2003 server book. The answer requires too much space, and has too many potential complexities, to post here.
I don't understand why you have Three Windows 2003 Server machine in your network... connecting 25 users while using the same Network ID.
Who is your network guy or gal? What is the reasoning for this setup in a Software company?

Trust relationship

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually i have many reasons for these three servers according to my company demands and i need to maintain them. So if anyone have exact solution or steps or any link , please let me know....

A lot of Thanks
Amit

amitkumars said:
Server1 and Server2 are two different domain (With different forest) with AD installed on both of them. Now I have created 10 users on the Server1 and 15 on server2 but server1 and server2 users are not able to access each other computers and resources. I want that both of the server and users can access all the PCs and servers without any restrictions.
hum; why two domains? Even very large companies avoid this setup.
Using separate domains will require users to have VPN connections internally! :(

Usually, the network gets partitioned into subnets and ACLs or access is
defined on the src/dest subnets plus the user-id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back