how to delete network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae_amp_ika_dtp

well i was messing around some things trying to share files to my notebook via wireless router. now i figured that i dont want to share files with my notebook anymore. so i couldnt find a option on either computer to delete the network i created. so i did system restore and it worked on the laptop, but it wont work on my desktop. so now my desktop has this annoying "gateway" that i dont want anymore and i dont need. and its really annoying me. can someone help me remove it? i want to completely remove the network from both computers. i think it worked fine on my laptop. please help. thanks.
annoying.jpg

That Internet Gateway is actually our desktop sharing your internet connection with your Laptop. To remove it, disabe the device that's sharing the connection. It is a wireless connection, right?

actually, im running via cat5. this is my pc that i cant remove gateway. i removed it on my notebook by doing system restore. i cant do it on my pc for some reason. when i disable my network adapter the gateway disapears. but then i cant go online cause my network adapter is disabled. so when i enable it. the gateway returns. i really want to delete it, but the option is not there.

That's not something you can just delete. The only way it will go away is if your computer stops sharing your internet connection. Is your desktop directly connected to your laptop or are you going through a router, hub, or switch?

Now that I think about it, if it isn't appearing on your laptop, than it shouldn't be on your desktop either. Are you able to connect to the internet with your laptop? Sounds like it might be stuck. Go into your network connections, right click and click on "refresh". See if that does the trick.

its connected to a linksys wrt54g v6. i clicked refresh and it didnt disapear. its not on the laptop. the gateway is only showing on the desktop. i have no idea what to do. its just really annoying knowing that i have a crap network setup that i dont even want anymore.

First, to stop access from other systems, you need only to
UNSHARE a shared folder (right-click and use the SHARING tab)
and then stop the access via the firewall (exceptions tab).

If the View Network Connections has only one LAN, then that's your
link to the router and you need it. If it creates problems, you can DISABLE
it and create another.

i have unshared all the folders that i shared, and the gateway is still there. i just want the thing gone. its just really annoying.

I'm think you should leave it alone
it is main for all your configs you have
remove bridging and that might remove the first gateway
you should tell us more about whats going on with this machine obvious not the same setup as the other
when I used a bridged mode that gateway will show up
can try to remove all network cards and reboot delete all drivers reboot
see if its there
wan-miniports are a real headache to remove
must remove services in order created

reevaluate -- if there's no remote access allowed AND you have Internet
connectivity, what's the harm? Just ignore it and enjoy what every does please you :)

jobeard said:
reevaluate -- if there's no remote access allowed AND you have Internet
connectivity, what's the harm? Just ignore it and enjoy what every does please you :)

yeah i'll just ignore it. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back