How to disable my video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new here with a question-
I have a pro savage ddr video card and I need to disable it to in install a new card.
So what is the easiest way please?

Uninstall the software/drivers for your onboard graphics and reboot your computer. Shutdown your computer, disconnect from the mains and open the side panel.

Install your new graphics card. Unplug your monitor cable and plug it in to your new card. Close the side panel.

Reconnect to the mains and boot your computer. go into your bios and check the settings for your graphics card. Your Mobo manual should tell you what needs to be set.

Save and exit bios.

Once you have booted into Windows, install the drivers for your new card.

Regards Howard :)

how to disable my video card

there's one problem- I bought this computer used and I don't have any books on ANYTHING.
I do know that I have an MSI motherboard and phoneix awards bios.
does that help?

Download the free Everest programme from HERE. It`ll give you lot`s of info about your system, including what mobo you have.

Once you know what mobo you have, you can go to your mobo manufacturers website and download the manual.

Disable Video Card

OK, Please help . I need to disable my video card and I was told it was under INTEGRATED PERIPHERALS in my bios.
Now there are 3 things listed under integrated peripherals:

1) VIA onchip PIC device
2) IDE devices configuration
3) I/O devices configuration

So which is the video card?

Take a look at the VIA onchip PIC devices.

As I said earlier, there may be no option to disable the onboard graphics in your bios.

If that`s the case then it will be automatically disabled, when you insert the new graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back