How to disable tap-to-click on laptop touch pad???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am too clumsy for the tap-to-touch feature on my Compaq nx9420 laptop touch pad. It is far too sensitive for my abilities and I end up doing a lot of click-drags when Im just trying to move the cursor. Also I click out of windows I'm trying to work in when I'm really just trying to move the cursor.

Anyway when I got this laptop midmayish I found a way to turn off the tap to click function by disabling the setting somewhere in the control panel. A few weeks later I bought a microsoft mouse for bluetooth which installed its own drivers. Now my mouse settings window in the control panel is different, and I cant seem to find a way to adjust the touchpad settings, including disable tap to click. So either I forgot how to do it (in which case could somebody fill me in), or my new mouse software eliminated my ability to do it (in which case could somebody tell me how to get the disable feature back).

Thank you so much in advance to anybody who has a solution! My efficiency is destroyed with the tap function on. I need a way to turn it off!

Go to control panel, mouse then click the device settings tab and you should see your touch pad as one of the devices. Make sure your touch pad is highlighted and click the settings button and you will see Tapping as one of the choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back