How to download files on iPhone 5s

By abbasi
Dec 7, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello all,

I have installed chrome browser on my iPhone 5s iOS 7.0.3. But when downloading files (such as pdf files or any other ones) from websites I can not download them. The chrome said the error number is 102. And the safari also can't download anything. Is there any idea to be able to download files like what we can download on a computer?

Thanks.
  2. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 3,197   +555

I think you need to have the relevant apps installed, otherwise the phone doesn't know what to do. So get an Office app or PDF reader, and a free 'file browser'.
  3. abbasi

abbasi TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 237   +10

Thanks. It's not possible to rely on an iPhone like a PC at all:confused:
  4. St1ckM4n

Nope. You'll have better luck with Android, as it gives you access to the file system.
  5. abbasi

But I bought iPhone and paid much money for it. I loved iPhone but it's very complex and often of times just confusing me:(. You know, I can't once again pay for another mobile phone.
  6. St1ckM4n

Then just stick with it. :) Learn the limitations. A bonus is that Apple products hold their price, so you could get away with selling it for minimal loss.
    abbasi likes this.
  7. abbasi

OK, thank you.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.