How To ERASE C DRIVE MEMORY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ROCK

iam runnin' out of memory 4.5 gb's... i want to erase everything i have in my comp... i want to recover all my memory...... i want to leave my computer like new......... like when i first baught it......

thanks....... any help will be appreciated:grinthumb

Welcome to TechSpot.

You are probably running out of harddisk space, not memory.
With current HD-prices so low, you should buy a 80GB or 120GB HD with 8MB cache-memory. Look at www.newegg.com

Clean part of your HD by rightclicking InternetExplorer on the Desktop, select Propereties, then in the middle of the screen that comes up, select first Delete Files, then Delete Cookies.
Click OK when done.
Now in Explorer, browse to your Temp file and delete everything in there. That should give you a good start.

Then go to "user cp" at the top of this page, and fill in your PC-data.
Check back with the results here when you have done the above.
N

And definitely think about buying a 2nd hard drive...they are very cheap and will give you a hell of a lot more disc space, depending on what you buy.

thanks for helping me........ but iam trying to gain all my 60 gb's bacK like when i first baught it... i want it like new....... with my original programs (that came with my pc) thanks realblackstuff and lowman... help me please

Where did you get your computer from? MY Toshiba laptop came with a special Windows disk which format reinstalled everything that my comp came with. Most companies like Toshiba and Dell ship these disks now. Try booting to a CD like that and following the directions it comes up with.

It makes it easier for people to help you with your problems. Instead of saying...Ihave a Pentium 4 processor at 1.6GHz, we can look at your profile to find things like that out. It makes it easier for you to post and it makes the messages shorter...which is good...I think...;)

cool... ima do that... but can u guys help me recover all my memory back... step by step please...... ^^^^ thanks any help will be appreciated

Sure. First, where did you get your computer from? Depending on where you got your computer from, you will need to do different things. First, make sure there isn't anything you need to keep on your HD. To begin, try this: put your CD-ROM that came with your computer into the drive, then restart the computer. If your computer boots from the CD, then you're good to go. All you have to do is follow the on-screen directions. This, of course, won't work if you just have a normal Win XP disk. You should have some kind of disk that says "Toshiba Recovery Disk", or something of the like. Post back with where you got your computer from and wether or not you have a special disk.

I GOT MY COMP. FROM CIRCUIT CITY..... And yeah i have 2 cds they are called " (CD 1. RESTORE CD) (CD 2 RESTORE CD)

INFO ON THE CDS----(The restore CD is provided by E-machines and gives a complete backup of the software that was preinstalled on the pc at the factory. The retore CD will copy the necessary files into the HARD DRIVE.

is this the cd THAT i need to insert? by the way my comp is kind of cheap... E-machines XP..... HELP ME PLEASE

YES. Insert disk 1 and restart your computer. If it still boots into Windows, you'll need to edit your bios. You will have to press one of the F keys to access your BIOS. You will probably have to press that repeatedly as soon as you turn on your comp and you should be able to change what your computer boots to first. Check out the Read articles on the top of the forum for some help editing the boot process. The actual disk should be very straight forward once you boot to it.

thnks dawg^^^ ima tryit...... se ya as soon as this sh*t id done.................. se ya later (much props0

Just a reminder T-Rock, try to type in full and complete sentences and Caps as well. That way more people will be encouraged to read you thread and answer your question.

I believe there is a post somewhere on the boards which has a guide to how to make posts easier to read and make them make more sense.

Hi,

I recommend using free KillDisk software to erase your drive. KillDisk erases the whole HDD, it is impossible to recover any data after using it. KillDisk also supports some highly secure erase algorithms such as DoD M5220 and Guttman's. After using KillDisk you should re-partition and re-format your drive to use it from scrath. Head to www.killdisk.com for more info and download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back