How to establish an internet connection after XP reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

I just reinstalled Windows XP Pro, and i can't get my internet connection setup. I must mention that i never done XP setup after install by myself so thats why i'm having this problem. I'm currently connected to web via a router on my dads pc which lets both of our computers go on the net, i guess its like a network. I always thought that Windows detects this automatically, i guess i was wrong. Before reinstalling windows i used to see 2 Local Area Connections icons in Network Connections in Control Panel, now i see nothing, can someone help me with this?

Be sure you have drivers installed for whatever connection device you prefer. That is the main secret. Then do initial connection through Internet Explorer internet connections in the control panel.
After you are sure everything works, change it around to suit you.
If you were on the network you describe before, it will be possible to get back to it with very little effort, and an hour of reading online.

yea, thats the thing, i never had to install any drivers for the router i'm connected to. the driver is already installed on the main computer. Where can i find info on how to reestablish my connection, do you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back