How to get my 9800pro@XT speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantrag

I've got a 9800 pro(sapphire), stock cooling, R350 core and samsung ram

Is it possible to get it at XT speeds, and is there a bios flash for it?
I've OC'ed it a little (411 core / 357 mem)

I'm a noob at OC'ing graphics cards... so i'll advice welcome ^_^

thanks.

heave you installed all the necessary drivrs and any utility that came with the card.if you've got the original 9800xt (you havent oc' a 9800 pro)there should be a feature called "overdrive" or something,once turned on in hte windos menu it oc's the video card and adjustes itself as the demand,it was one of the first offical oc method that didnt void the card's warranty and was offerred by ati.

shadow_29 said:
heave you installed all the necessary drivrs and any utility that came with the card.if you've got the original 9800xt (you havent oc' a 9800 pro)there should be a feature called "overdrive" or something,once turned on in hte windos menu it oc's the video card and adjustes itself as the demand,it was one of the first offical oc method that didnt void the card's warranty and was offerred by ati.

... I just specced the card..I'm a noob but not stupid ^^

it's a pro, no XT

-btw no flame :)

like i said sorry man.you might want to look around the forumthough,there were a couple of threads about oc'ing a 9800 pro.I hear it isnt that hard.
so good luck.

one advice i would like to give you though is that-you'll void any warranty the card has(if any is still left).also stock cooling won't do much aftr oc'ing,so you'll have to get better cooling solution(heatsink/fan) from a good manufacturer like zalman king or thermaltake.

You already have your card overclocked to almost 9800 XT (412 / 365) speeds if you want to bios flash it then you can however i heard that bios flashing to a 9800 XT works best if you have a 360 core and you have a 350 but having samsung memory is a good thing. I had a 9800 Pro before and i bios flashed it to a 9800 XT if you are interested i can tell you how to do it but try at your own risk. You will need to make a boot disk and go into dos (its not that bad but you said you are a noob so i dont know how much you can do). One question is your 9800 pro 128MB or the 256 MB version?? I really would suggest you just sticking with your card overclocked rather than changing the bios though but thats my personal opinion.

BringinHeat said:
You already have your card overclocked to almost 9800 XT (412 / 365) speeds if you want to bios flash it then you can however i heard that bios flashing to a 9800 XT works best if you have a 360 core and you have a 350 but having samsung memory is a good thing. I had a 9800 Pro before and i bios flashed it to a 9800 XT if you are interested i can tell you how to do it but try at your own risk. You will need to make a boot disk and go into dos (its not that bad but you said you are a noob so i dont know how much you can do). One question is your 9800 pro 128MB or the 256 MB version?? I really would suggest you just sticking with your card overclocked rather than changing the bios though but thats my personal opinion.
128 mb, I'm a noob at OC'ing graphics cards..but I OC anything else ^^ and I know enought, it just that I wonderd, as I have a R350 and samsung mem, that I would beable to do the same thing. but I've seen that my floppy drive Isn't connected ATM and I'm busy with other things..so I don't have any time anymore ^_^
just wonderd what the best bios would be really :)
thx anyways everyone ^^

-regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back