TechSpot

How to get the best performance in POP2 Warrior Within

By danielvm
Dec 30, 2005
  1. Hi Everyone, i want to know how can i get the best performance in this game this is my system:

* AMD 64 3000+
    * 768 MB Non ECC Generic RAM
    * Mother Board Biostar NF4UL
    * MSI NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128MB
    * 500W PSU
    * BENQ DVD-RW Dual Layer
    * 120GB Western Digital Serial ATA (1st Gen.)
    * WIndows XP SP2

Thanks....

2. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 361

Upgrading your video card is a must for good performance, it's your worst bottleneck there.

3. danielvm

danielvm TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks, i was thinking that my video card isn't good enough, but i can upgrade it at this moment, if you guys know another thing to improve performance let me know...

Thanks... :)

4. Federelli

Federelli TS Rookie Posts: 361

Well, you could lower the game quality, and resolution, it that's an option for you.

5. nagflar

nagflar TS Rookie

Upgrade

1) Upgrade your RAM atleast 1GB
    2) Upgrade your Video card , recommend - ATI X800 , Nvidia Geforce 6800GT
    3) Update all latest drivers.

thanks

6. danielvm

danielvm TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks guys, i want to know if i can tweak windows or even my video card (hardware and/or software) in some way to gain a little more of performance,

i know if i upgrade the memory, video card and all that stuff i get a realy good performance, but i want to do it the cheapest way for the moment :D

Thanks...

PD: i want to do this without compromise to much the system i don't want my pc get permanent damage for doing this....

7. Mazza558

Mazza558 TS Rookie Posts: 35

Look at the techspot memory tweaking guide posted a few days ago and also do a google search for "PCI Latency Tool". If you change the numbers for your graphics card to about 64/48, you will se much smoother performance.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.