Solved How to have Windows defender offline tool always up-to-date?

abbasi

Hi guys,

I downloaded the Windows defender offline tool for USB iso bootable file from Microsoft website and now I can use it from boot to scan the machine. When the machine (Windows 7 32-bit) boots by that tool, it wants me to update it before scanning the machine and that is the work I do. It becomes up-to-date and scans the system.
So far every thing is OK.

But after a few hours or a day if I want to scan another PC by that updated Windows defender offline tool, it again wants me to update it (!!) while a little time ago I have updated it!!
Apparently the updating files don't remain/store in that tool.

Is there a way to save the updating files into that tool for future uses?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-defender-offline-faq

I've used Windows Defender Offline before, can I re-use the CD or DVD that I created?
If you created a CD or DVD you shouldn't reuse it; it contains definitions to help it detect malware. Definitions are updated frequently so the definition files on the CD or DVD will be out of date. If you created a USB flash drive, you can reuse it. Windows Defender Offline will update the definitions when you rerun the wizard.

Thank you. So if I update it, the definitions will remain in that tool for future use and the size of downloading definitions will decrease in next time of definition downloading, yes?

Back