How to install Joomla on an Apache server (part of WAMP)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealBlackStuff

I'm trying to install Joomla (= revised Mambo) onto my WAMP-server environment, which includes the Apache web server.

The instructions say:
Unzip the distribution file into a directory under your web server root. If you are using the Apache web server, this is typically c:apache groupapachehtdocs on Windows.

Allowing for a typo, I have no such directory group or groupapache nor groupapachehtdocs.

Anybody have any insight?

The webs server root is the directory where you put index.html and all the subfolders etc. By default it should be "htdocs" under Apache in Program Files.

My server-root C:\Wamp
In there are amongst others:
C:\Wamp\Apache
C:\Wamp\mysql
C:\Wamp\php
Not having Apache installed on the XP partition under \Program Files\ caused the confusion.
So my Joomla-path is correctly: C:\Wamp\Apache\htdocs

For some reason the / or \ and some blank characters were suppressed, causing the confusion.
Ah well, we all have to learn...
Thanks Nodsu.

I tried to upload apache2_layout.bmp but keep getting NET REST errors
so I'll have to type it all in.

My Layout is
\Apache\Apache2 and this is the Server Root and under that are several other directories, like
\htdocs is the Document Root​
As a peer level to \htdocs are all the other \$dirs$ like {log,error,manual,icons...}

It's interesting that the recommended location for PHP is C:\PHP

ive used WAMP

the web root for WAMP is <extraction DIR>/www

e.g. mine is C:\Temp\wamp\www (let me off, im on a windows system, but dual booting FC4)

EDIT: just realised....

by WAMP, have you put together your own apache, PHP, mySQL system or have you downloaded WAMPserver?

EDIT2: Just realised WAMP doesnt actually run on linux, just windows, so technically you havent got a WAMP environment, no windows ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back