TechSpot

How to Install & use unsigned drivers in Windows Vista/7 x64

By Travel-Buddy
Jul 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Just to say a big thank you to Captain828 for his article posted May 7, 2009 in this forum. Your simply the best. I have just spent over 5 hours trawling around the internet including Microsoft and Apple tech support for a solution as to why my Optiarc DVD and Blu-ray burners had gone missing from Windows Explorer, following a disastrous attempt to install Apple's ITunes, which caused a system crash and unsigned drivers. Came across your instructions on page 3 of a Google search and with 30 mins I have implemented your solution.

JC713 and jobeard like this.
  2. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,446   +324

To help others that follow, why not cite a reference to that page :)

3. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,457   +228

4. Travel-Buddy

Travel-Buddy TS Rookie Topic Starter

Wise words jobeard and thanks mailpup for the url. One slight issue/niggle since the successful resolution of the missing optical drives .... on the Windows desktop the message "Test Mode Windows 7 Build 7601" is now displayed. Any advice on how to remove would be very much appreciated.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.