How to make windows 2000 see my 250gig drive for what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently picked up a Western digital 250gig drive. Bios is seeing it correctly, but in windows 2000 the disk management is only seeing it as 128gig.
Anyone know how to make it correctly see the size?

Gave that a try but the step where it says to edit the registry i am unable to find EnableBigLba. This is also happening on my second pc that has windows 2000. they both have service pack 4

The instructions on the site seemed clear enough to me. ;)
  • 1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
  • 2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Atapi\Parameters
  • 3. On the Edit menu, click Add Value, and then add the following registry value:
    Value name: EnableBigLba
    Data type: REG_DWORD
    Value data: 0x1
  • 4. Quit Registry Editor.

The registry key doesn't exist on yours. You have to add it.

Follow the instructions word for word, its pretty simple.

Oops. This is what i get for reading instructions at 4am. I totaly missed that.
Its now working though. thanks everyone.

thank you very muh for the link. i just have one more question. when i am fallowing the steps, one of the steps says:

"Locate the Sysprep\I386 folder in the Sysprep image, and then create a $OEM$ subfolder in this folder"

i cannot locate the Sysprep\I386 folder. does anyone know what it is talking about?

BloodRaven said:
thank you very muh for the link. i just have one more question. when i am fallowing the steps, one of the steps says:

"Locate the Sysprep\I386 folder in the Sysprep image, and then create a $OEM$ subfolder in this folder"

i cannot locate the Sysprep\I386 folder. does anyone know what it is talking about?
That section of the article is for when you use the Microsoft System Preparation (Sysprep) tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back